Address: Avalon Country Club
City: Santa Ana
Square Feet: 1.25 acres
Basement: + guest house
Air Conditioning, Balcony, Bar & Restaurant, BBQ area, Cable TV, Ceramic Flooring, City View, Close to Everything, Club House with Pool, Covered Parking, Dryer, Firepit, Fireplace(s), Floor to Ceiling Windows, Granite Counters, Gym, Jacuzzi, Mountain View, Patio Bar, Playground, Pool, Private Property, Security 24/7, Stainless Steel Appliances, Sunshine ceiling, Valley View, Vaulted Ceilings, Washer, Wet Bar, Wi-Fi
This is the only single house in Avalon Country Club.
• 380 m2 of construction consisting of the main house and a separate guest house/maid quarters.
• The design by Salinas-Contreras-Guth-Molina-Trejos is Neo-colonial style with high cellings, rich sun light and crosswinds, in a one floor open plan living-dining area which is perfect for entertaining. This area includes dining table with 12 chairs , pool table and darts wall and a cozy corner brick fireplace.
• 3 bedrooms, 2,5 baths and office/studio. Wide doors and spacious bathrooms provide wheelchair access.
• The master bedroom has a walk-in closet and bathroom and sliding glass doors to the spacious patio/terrace.
• Kitchen includes all the appliances (glass-top stove, large Frigidaire refrigerator and freezer (professional), oven, microwave oven, dishwasher, extractor, laundry room with washer & dryer and plenty of storage.
• The terrace presents amazing views to the north of 180 degrees, open to the Central Valley, from Atenas up to the Irazu Volcano on the north. The views of the south are of the country hills of Rio Oro.
The terrace has exterior blinds that protect the outdoor living area from wind or rain. There is a firepit and a gazebo with a bar and BBQ grill.
• The house has sidewalks around the perimeter for ease of access. A decorative water fountain gives a refreshing and soothing sound of circulating water.
• The guest house has one bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom. There is a large covered maintenance area and all the tools for gardening are included.
• The home was constructed in 2007 of concrete and dry wall, ceramic and laminated wood floors, with a clay-tile roof and remodeled in 2016. In addition to the numerous cosmetic upgrades there is now a new septic tank and irrigation system for the “agricultural” part of the property which takes advantage of waste water from the house and one of the major swimming pools on the Avalon grounds.
• There are six parking spaces, two under shade. More cars could be parked around the rotunda, in front of the house or on the lower level of the property, where there is another entrance.
• The home is surrounded by gardens and trees of lemon, orange, cas, pitanga, cashew nut, mango, fig, bananas, guineo, jocote, guava, star fruit, passion fruit, grape, limon dulce, nance, strangletrees, guachipelin, sauce, and others.
A short walk will take you to the picturesque Koi pond which could be used for to raise Tilapia or for an element of a permaculture operation.
A small organic vegetable and herb garden is situated close to the house for easy access to the kitchen.
• For dog lovers there are 5 kennels near the guest house.
All of this is accessible through the security gates of Avalon Country Club and it is the only property on the highest level of the entire complex, close to the amenities and yet far removed from the other units of the complex. The entire property is separately gated and affords total privacy.
Avalon Country Club, is the winner of Rene Frank 2012 Real Estate Development Award given by the CCCBR as the best mix (commercial and residential) development in the country.
The entire project sits on 9.5 hectareas, with abundant green areas, a large pond with fountains, soccer field, two tennis courts, putting green, three swimming pools, waterfall, 2 jacuzzis, gym, bar-restaurant by the main pool (open Tuesday to Sunday), Club House, Chill Out Lounge, BBQ rancho/houses for activities, a play ground and professional security 24/7.
Sotheby’s appraised value of this unique home/acreage is $1.2 million and it was being offered at $790,000. It has now been reduced to $650,000! This is an incredible opportunity in one of the most desirable areas of the Central Valley of Costa Rica.